Friday, January 9, 2015

#UncomfortableTopic...#DontLikeThisOne

For my journal it was suggested that I place hash tags of the subject matter of my journal entries at the bottom of the pages. That way if I need to find a topic without having to read my whole journal again it would make the process easier. The title to this blog post is the hash tags I came up with for today along with "#pretty" and "#smart".

My journal topic tonight was would you rather be less attractive and really smart or really attractive and less smart. (dun, dun, dun...) I know, a really deep thinker, at least for me. Without revealing what I wrote I would like to show you what was in my head the whole time I was writing:


Yep!! Barbra Streisand!!

This is the scene from Funny Girl where she looks in the mirror and says to herself "Hello Gorgeous". AND she is looking stunning in this leopard print coat and hat. In this movie Fannie Brice is a girl who has grown up feeling less than pretty, as she points out throughout the movie. But in the end we see professionally that she was smart enough to get herself top billing in the Ziegfeld Follies. 

Regardless of whether this portrayal of the real Fannie Brice is accurate or not, the message is clear in regards to my journal topic, really smart wins over really pretty. Though if I dressed like Barbra does in this movie, I would settle for that too. 

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment