Thursday, October 4, 2012

Morning was really early today

I woke up today at 3:30 a.m. when a blanket was mysteriously pulled out from underneath my arm and startled me awake. After laying there for about an hour and not falling back to sleep I decided to give it up and get up. You know the house is mighty quiet in between the snores around here. 

I decided to kill time by scrapping some "quickie" things. We have a couple of ATC challenges that have been tempting me lately over at Scrap 'N Chat. But I have lacked the time to get to them. At 4:30 this morning, I found my time.

Artist trading cards or ATCs, as they are known around here, are small sized creations. The base is 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same size as a baseball card. You can create any topic, use whatever medium you would like, and then swap them with other artists. I use them for random acts of kindness for my friends or I attach them to cards and layouts as embellishments. 

Theme: Americana
September 2012 Challenge

Theme: Spooky Layers
October 2012 Challenge
I realize my "spooky layers" are not very spooky. but I LOVE that witch!! 

So while I was waiting for the paint to dry, or should I say Mod Podge, I headed to the other challenges I have missed lately. I have been making truck loads of Christmas cards for work, so it was nice to make something that did not have a santa, snowflakes or a Christmas tree on it.

This one started off as a scrapbook layout sketch, but it kept screaming "CARD" at me. So that's where I went.

This one is a pocket card made from a paper bag that is a gift money holder. 

I had planned on doing some more this evening, but I had book club and things were crazy around here. And besides I did get up at 3:30 this morning!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment