Friday, January 24, 2014

A Little Wine, A Little Paella

Today is my hippy happy birthday!! YAY ME!! Hubby and I decided to have a real "date night" which actually started at 12 noon when he picked me up at my doorstep. He swished me away to Miro's Spanish Grille where I enjoyed Seafood Paella, Beef Empanadas, and "full brandy" Sangria.  I am not really sure what makes "full brandy" sangria different from others I have had, but I have to say I LOVED it. We ended the meal with traditional flan and the threat that no one better find out it was my birthday at the restaurant. (lol)



Afterward we headed to the theater on the other side of the parking lot to see a movie. Jack Ryan, Shadow Recruit, based on Tom Clancy novels, was playing and I have really been in the mood for an action adventure flick. We were not disappointed at all. I really enjoyed Chris Pine in the title role. I think he will make a good recurring actor for this character should more be made, following in the footsteps of Harrison Ford, Alec Baldwin and Ben Affleck. Even though I must admit I did think of him as James T.  Kirk at least once during the movie.



During the previews of the movie I found myself eyeballing the other patrons entering the movie theater. It was rather cold today and everyone was dressed in heavy coats, gloves, hats, etc. I found myself trying to remember what they looked like and keeping up with who was sitting with whom and where they were sitting. What a sorry predicament. Has it really come to the fact that we have to watch our backs so that we do not get injured by others when we want to relax and have a good time at the theater? I am sure I was just over reacting but I did make sure I left my cell phone in the car, just in case someone called me.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment