Monday, September 3, 2012

I did a little altering today

I have had a few projects in the works. Today was the day to get through a few as the deadline for them is this weekend, as in Saturday. I will be displaying at Michael's Instructor Open House. I need to have my goods ready to entice all those happy crafters who want to take a class on paper crafting. 

So first I finished my altered canvas that I have been working on for over a month!!! I painted a white canvas green. It was very, VERY green actually. But today I decided to try and tone it down with some inks. Break out the Ranger Distress Inks and there you go!!
I added some fabulous papers and some ephemera and it's ready to hang on my wall in my new office. (of course, it will be on display in the store until  the class is over).


Then there was the envelope mini scrapbook I have been wanting to make. I started to make it at work yesterday, but was so busy selling cricut products during my demo that I lost track of time. Here is the result. I started off with just 4 invitation sized envelopes and a stack of wedding shower paper. Pretty cute if I do say so myself. I like that each page has the white flap so you can stick memorabilia in there.






This month is Stamp-tember at Michael's and I will be having the pleasure of featuring many different stamping techniques and products for our customers to see. But mostly I like it because I get to play with ink and stamps and messy stuff at work!!! LOL!!! Here are what i created this weekend.

Tim Holtz style tags using Ranger Inks

Cricut Expressions 2 Layout - I love these die-cut cartridges I used. I just might have to buy myself one of those machines!! Hmmm, the holidays ARE coming soon.

And on top of all this yummy paper goodness, I worked on a couple of items over at Scrap 'N Chat too. I participated in the September card challenge by creating a silhouette card.


I created accordion flowers for the Scrap That Stash Challenge.

And I posted the Scraplift Challenge for September. Here's a preview: 

I think it's time I took my scrappy self to bed now.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment