Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Taking a moment to share


A charming woman is a busy woman.


If Ms. Loretta Young is correct, I must really be charming!! I have had such a busy week so far and it's only TUESDAY! Let me catch you up on my projects before I move onto the next ones.


First off, I finally was able to create a project for my own Ad/Art Challenge at Scrap 'N Chat. I provided our players with 5 samples of travel posters. They were then asked to create a paper project, any paper project that they felt like. Even I went off my regular radar. I usually do a scrapbook layout. I noticed my greeting cards are getting low, so I used the colors in this poster:
and created this card:

I love this stamped image of the lady's face. The lace and buttons were the perfect finds from my stash to complete this card. I wonder who will open their mailbox to find this.

Back in May I participated in a Photo a Day challenge. It was so much fun. I wanted to display my May photos in my scrapbook. We did not have many activities that month, so the photo challenge pictures were "it".  I searched high and low for a layout that would allow for 31 photos.  No luck!! I love to use photo booth strips on my pages. This turned out to be a great idea for this many shots. I printed the photos in contact sheet size. Then I cut them out and lined them up on card stock to mimic photo booth shots. I used the color combo from the Scrap 'N Chat May color challenge to complete this design. I really like the results.
Well, since I was on a color roll, I decided to jump on the June Color Challenge at the Scrap 'N Chat forum as well. The palate was lovely. Luckily I had gone to the scrapbook store recently and purchased this cute paper with Chinese lanterns on it. I found a great sketch, located a cute photo of my sister and I and added a quote I found on Pinterest. 



I have a truck load of Christmas photos just sitting here on my desk printed and waiting to be scrapped. Sami kept looking at me from her photo as I worked on the other layouts. "Is it my turn yet?" I imagined her saying. Well...
Sami is sitting atop a layout provided to me by Janet at our Weekend Blitz challenge over at Scrap 'N Chat. We have a weekend challenge each Friday on top of all our other exciting challenges each month. Sometimes it's a layout, sometimes it's a technique. No matter what the challenge is, I love the extra shot of inspiration to get my weekend mojo going.


And last but not least, I combined the Book Of Me challenge with the Maddawg's Madness Challenge for June to create this layout. It is fun and quirky with my Pink Paisley paper pack I won a few weeks back from Big Picture Classes.

Today I decided to take it easy. I created some fabric flowers, baked a pork roast and watched as workers came to replace our screen doors on our house. I tried to finish my latest book club reading, "The 19th Wife" and watched "Master Chef" on tv. Now I am off to plan my next creative adventures and get some much needed rest.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment