Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Friday Night Scrap Fest

So I was feeling a bit "scrappy" on Friday. I hit the Scrap 'N Chat forum to see what I could get done. Here are the results.


I started off with the Card Challenge in which we were to use "liquids" on our project. I used a plastic grocery bag with white craft paint for the background. I stamped green water based ink on the green "leaves" behind the flowers. Then I stamped craft ink on the flowers and the "happy" both of which I heat embossed. And to finish it off, I used t-shirt bead paint for the pearl dots. I will be sending these Artist Trading Cards away next week.


Next I worked on the Weekend Blitz for 4/20/12. We were given a sketch and asked to incorporate one of eight paint application techniques to our layout. I used a straw to make dots and drops on the letters that I cut out of a coffee cup wrapper. Then I needed a journal spot. So I finger painted one below the photos. On this layout I included one of my patches I received in Savannah at the Girl Scout 100 Year Celebration in March. On to the next layout...


Or should I say two!!! This was the Double Page Layout Challenge. We were given a sketch to copy and then flip for the second page. I normally don't do double page layouts, but I have so many photos from my Savannah trip and a number of patches to include in my scrapbook. Double pagers are great for that.


My last page of the night was the Recipe Challenge. 
Our recipe ingredients were: 
Start with one piece of cardstock
Add 3 matted or non matted photos
3 patterned papers
1 piece of ribbon or fiber
4 brads or buttons to taste
and add a splash of journaling 
then let simmer.
LOL!!! I love the way the challenge is worded like a real recipe.

So I had planned on attempting one more tonight but due to a temperamental printer and a stubborn website, it did not happen. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment