Wednesday, October 19, 2011

W...W...W... Wednesdays

 
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


I am reading Before I Go to Sleep, by S.J. Watson. So far, it's a great story about a woman who wakes up every morning not knowing who she is or how she got to where she is. Along with the help of Dr. Nash, she is keeping a journal of what she remembers trying to piece together her past, present and future.

I recently finished The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks, by Kathleen Flnn. This was a book I won on Goodreads. The book is a combination of a real life story of a chef who finds purpose for her Le Cordon Bleu training through a class she teaches to real home cooks. Included are the class recipes plus more.  I really enjoyed the book. And while I consider myself to be pretty savvy in the kitchen, I learned a thing or two I did not know.

My next book will be The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood. We will be reading it for our book club soon and I am anxious to start it.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Good luck with that cooking book. I am not a cook at all so I hope you make some yummy things with it. Your blog layout is sooooo pretty!



    This week I am asking my readers to help me choose what to read next. Check it out at
    http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/2011/10/help-me-pick-my-next-book-to.html

    ReplyDelete