Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Yellow Ticket

Today's entry took me longer to complete than any I have done before.

First off, I was working on the Chopped Challenge, Week 2 for Ch{all}enge Masters
 Our goal:
keep yourself from being CHOPPED from the competition. 
Our parameters:
yellow, scallops and dimensional flowers. 
My attitude:
"REALLY!! YELLOW!! I HATE YELLOW!"

So after much contemplation to make a layout that I was convinced I was not really going to like in the end, I decided to add to my challenge. I took a project challenge from another website,  Scrapping The Moments. This is a fairly new site filled with lots of cool ideas and many MANY talented ladies. The Surprise Challenge this month was to create a tone-on-tone dimensional title. 

I decided to do a monochromatic layout.Well, I had a single sheet of yellow paper, with little flowers on it. So off to the store I went. I looked for yellow papers and anything with texture. I brought home 4 sheets of yellow, a piece of yellow felt, and some yellow paint. In my stash I found a strip of yellow leather and some little yellow bees. I scoured my photos for something that would go with a yellow layout.  All in all, this was the longest process I have ever had for a single layout. Four days of decisions and searching. I hope you enjoy the product.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment