Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Pieces of eight! pieces of eight! pieces of eight!"

This is the cry of  Long John Silver's parrot, Cap'n Flint in Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island. Today I was creating my own treasure box of sorts to house the little stuff that I keep saving to scrap into my layouts. My pieces of eight might include ticket stubs, pins, travel brochures, postcards, or any "treasure" that I come across. The possiblities are endless!!

This started off as a red and white checkerboard recipe box with an orange chicken sitting in a brown basket on the top. I painted it with a sponge so I could texture it as I painted. Then I cut down and attached the lovely papers that I had been storing in my paper stash to use for "something special". (I seem to be gravitating toward this colors lately). I added some letters and embellishments. Finally I laquered the letters to make them POP! I am very happy with the results. 


This box can be used to complete two separate challenges this week. See the caption below the photos for more details on them. 






Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment