Thursday, July 19, 2012

June and July whirled on by

My life has been crazy busy this summer. I started my paper crafting classes at one store and then added another. Hubby, DD and I took a trip to visit family and friends back in Florida. I have hardly had time to keep up with my own scrapping and working with Scrap 'N Chat!! I had planned on participating in a photo a day challenge all summer long and got lost along the way. Where has the time gone?

Now Hubby and I  are venturing into our biggest adventure in our three and a half years of married life so far. We have decided to build a house. So exciting and yet so frightening at the same time!!! But I am going to try to focus on the exciting parts and down play the scary stuff as I go along.

Here is our first photo. This is our lot. In the time we signed the paperwork and left for our week long vacation, the builder leveled the lot and now it just looks, well, RED!!! I need to remember not to chose white carpets for the downstairs areas or I may be seeing this red clay in my sleep after we move in.

This is our street. As you can tell this is a new development. We are at the end of the street on a cul-de-sac. Every one of these lots has been sold. So in the next 6 months, this street is going to get a serious face lift. We are hoping to get into our home by Valentine's Day 2013, but I would be ok with sooner than later.

In the next few weeks we will be heading to the "showroom" to chose cabinets, carpets, wall paint, light fixtures, appliances and such. I can't wait!!! I hit Lowe's tonight to compare cabinet colors to countertop colors and to find out exactly what "shaker style" looks like. This is going to be interesting learning curve for me. I can tell I will have a million and one pins on Pinterest by the time we get settled in. Stay tuned for more exciting updates in the future.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment