Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Two in One Day

Today is the last day of March and there were a few "first of the month" challenges left on Scrap 'N Chat to do before the new April challenges come out tomorrow. And since I am playing the role of leisurely woman today, I am hitting all that I can.


I combined the One Little Word challenge with the Weekend Blitz challenge. For OLW we were to use the word "close". My quote is a great one by Elizabeth Bowen,"Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day." I thought it was a great quote to go along with the gorgeous flowers I saw on my recent trip to Savannah, GA.


The Weekend Blitz challenge asked us to get messy and create our own patterned paper with misting paint and a splatter technique. I extended the technique by dragging a fork through the paint as well. 



On the Color Challenge, Diana gave us a color palate to work with:

and here is how I interpreted it:

And my final layout for today is the Double Dawg Dare Ya Challenge. We had to use spray mists, bows and arrows. I found this sketch in a Creative Keepsakes magazine from March/April 2010. I loved the design and felt it would really compliment the Girl Scout Patch..



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment