Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scrapping Time!!!

I have not had very much time to scrap in the past few months and I have missed it!!! I received a slew of scrapping supplies for Christmas and I finally have some time to dig in.

This is my first Book of Me Challenge at Scrapping the Moments. This is a photo I had been waiting for a while to scrap and I finally had the piece of paper that inspired me.

The other layout I did today was for my own Ad/Art Challenge using vintage sewing advertisements. I loved the inspiration pieces. They are very obvious when you see the final product. Head over to the forum to see what other challenges went live today and join our scrapping fun.


January Ad/Art Challenge - It's SEW easy!!!
My goodness, I can't believe today is the 15th already. This month is flying by and I have totally lost track of the time!!!

Millie Motts is a blogger who professes that she is "a collector of 1940s-60s just-about-anything: fashion magazines, children's elementary school readers, textbooks, found photos, and miscellaneous ephemera." I stumbled upon her blog looking for something else and this posting of sewing machine advertisements caught my eye. http://milliemotts.blogspot.com/2009/01/just-sew-stories.html



I love the vintage, the line up of the spools, the blue and red "flags" and the shades of blue and red used in all of these advertisements. You can use any or all of the advertisements shown on Millie Motts blog post as your inspiration. These shown were my faves and what is inspiring my layout. What speaks to you? Show me by trying out this challenge and posting your project here and in the gallery. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

The rules:
Your creation can be a layout, a card, a paper craft, anything you would like to create.
You can combine this challenge with another here on the website, but if you are trying to earn a badge, please keep it separate.
You have until February 14, 2012 to post your creation here and in the gallery.
And don't forget to let us know here on the forum which piece inspired you.

Oh and where is mine, you ask? Well, like I said, January 15th sneaked up on me and I am not prepared. But I will be before the setting of the sun tonight!!  

Well, it's SLIGHTLY after sunset. The hand sewing took longer than I imagined. Now show me yours!!!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment