Saturday, September 17, 2011

A visit to the Zografos Gallery

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to attend the Yiasou Greek Festival here in Charlotte, NC. While there I encountered a third generation artist who paints wonderful watercolors of Greece and it's people. Pantelis D. Zografos, also known as The Greek Artist on his website, paints memories from his childhood and refurbishes paintings of the men in his family that came before him. I love the bright and vivid colors and the street scenes. So for the month of September, I would like you to look over his website and find something that inspires you.

Do you like to watercolor?


Do sidewalk cafes and narrow city streets strike your fancy?


Do you long to float around in a boat on calm water?

You won't know until you take a look………….. http://www.thegreekartist.com/home/

Make sure to come back to the Scrapping the Moments thread to post your project as well as in the gallery there. It does not have to be a layout. Any old project will do. Let us know which painting inspired you and why. Looking forward to seeing where the watercolors take you.

I decided I liked the colors and the scene so well in this painting, I would use it as the focus for my layout. It is stored in my 10 x 10 Book of Me with a note on how stressful the summer of 2011 has been for me and how I wish the artist would just paint me into the watercolor sitting in that little chair with a nice cup of coffee and a book.



Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment