Friday, February 18, 2011

It's A Ho Hum Day

I was so looking forward to my days off this week. I had TONS of layouts and cards to work on. I had blueprints in my head. But lo and behold the mind was willing, the body was otherwise involved. I am happy to say that I did manage to get a couple of plans out of my head. And after I post a couple here I will be working on some more.

Hambo Stamps free image this week is this cute little pelican, which I seem to keep calling a seagull, even though I KNOW the difference between the two. I colored and cut out about 12 of them of various sizes and will be using them to make a few more cards for Operation Write Home. I am posting the first one here to the Hambo site so that I can get the new free image next week.





 
Hambo Stamps Challenge
Use a Hambo stamp and the colors blue, brown and tan to create a beach scene.
I am also using this card for Delightful Challenges - Animals


I have been waiting for a good piece of paper to do this layout. And lucky me, this pack of paper at Michael's Arts and Crafts was on clearance. It is by Gartner and is labeled as a Cruise Voyage packet. The nautical stuff is just perfect for our little pelican.


Challenge Masters  February Color Challenge
Scrappin' The Moments  Feb 15th Recipe Challenge

Now I just need to take a cruise to use the rest of this pad up. Hey Honey.....

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. That Pelican is cute on both projects...Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little image and bot your projects showcase it so nice. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!! Love both of your projects! So glad you played in the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are great, and I think the pelican image is the PERFECT thing to pair with the fishing pics. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both entries! The card is adorable and the pelican on the scrapbook page is PERFECT! Thanks for playing along with the Hambo Hoedown this week!

    ReplyDelete