Friday, June 25, 2010

Scrapin' and Scrapin' and Scrapin' Some More

I have been having some health issues this week. So in order to take my mind off of my sorrows, and my aching back and hip, I decided to get some scrapin' in. I hit the Ch{all}enge Masters website early this morning, started planning and printing photos. My favorite one for today? Well, here you go:


A pink Walt Disney World layout!! But it is not just the completed layout that makes me love it. The "assignment" was to make a page about a place that has special memories for you. I really have been stumped all month on what to do. My family traveled around so much when I was a child that we never went anywhere more than one time. As I was looking through boxes and sleeves of photos to try and decide, I kept finding photos of my family and friends of all various clothing and hairstyles having fun at WDW over the years. I found some mementos that were my grandparents from their trip over the bicentennial in 1976. I found pins to swap, old park maps and ticket stubs. 

And it was not just my generation. OH NO!! I have raised a Disney child myself. On DD's very first visit, she was 7 months old. She wore a big floppy hat and little cute sandals. It is all documented for her. In the photos on this layout, she was an old pro. She is four and half in these shots and knew her way around the park as well as any employee should. Some day I need to get around to creating a scrapbook with Walt Disney World through our eyes and lives.

I also complete a "Rule of 3" layout. Everything had to be in threes; papers, embellishments, photos, etc...


For this one I cheated a little. We only had two tickets as DD and I were the only ones to attend the concert. And I lost my copy somewhere in the house. But a quick copy and we  have just enough for the challenge. So there are three photos, three tickets, three album cover embellishments, three red buttons and three sets of rhinestones with three in each. (hee hee!) The rhinestones were a particularly good choice I think as the popular song for Rob Thomas at the time of this concert was "Her Diamonds".

I worked on a few other layouts and then watched 6 episodes of Sex in the City Season 4. I am trying to make my way through the entire series as I only had HBO the first three seasons and faithfully watched it every week. Then the business of life got in the way. And while I know I have seen most of the episodes in reruns on WTBS, they are the edited versions and not nearly as funny. I have also found in my viewings of the newer movies that I missed some stuff, like Samantha having kemo and Aiden coming back into Carrie's life a second time. (I thought all the Aiden episodes were part of the original Aiden story line. When he dumped her at Charlotte's wedding to Trey I yelled at the t.v. "What happened to the cabin scene?!" I had to call my sister to fill me in.) Hopefully I will get them all under my belt before Sex in the City III comes to theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment