Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fa, La, La, La, La...



The holiday season is upon us!
I can hear the jingle bells!
I can smell the cookies baking!
I can see the excitement in the air! 

What?!
Not in your neck of the woods? 
Well, not yet at least...

For those of us who work in the crafting industry it is time to create some holiday samples and start up some holiday project classes. I am excited to be presenting once again an ornament club at our Michael's Arts & Crafts location in Charlotte, NC.

What is ornament club you might ask? Every two weeks beginning in October we will have a two hour session in which we create beautiful ornaments to adorn our Christmas trees or gift to our family and friends. The cost of the class is only $5 plus the cost of your supplies. I have tried to find lovely ornaments this year that are very economical and can be created by any level of crafter.

We had a great time with this series of classes last year. Many people brought in their whole family to create a tree full of personalized ornaments. Crafting is a great way to spend family time and creates wonderful holiday memories to cherish in years to come. So come down to the store and sign up for a class today.

Michael's Arts and Crafts
7836 Rea Road
Charlotte, NC 28277-6502
Phone: (704) 543-9341

Our first ornament this year will be the Paper Pinecone Ornament. I have created two samples, one using an egg shaped form and one made from a ball shape. They both came out so beautiful that I am planning on making many more for my own tree.




Stop by the store to register to take this class. I cannot wait to share this project with you!

Time to get back to my workshop. After all, I don't have any elves helping me out just yet. I have 8 different ornaments to create this year. Stay tuned for the next one here or in our store.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment