Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Ch{all}enge For YOU!!

I was recently chosen to be one of the new design divas over at Ch{all}enge Masters. I will be working as the Ad/Art diva publishing a monthly challenge for all scrappers on the second Sunday of the month. And while it is currently the wee hours of the morning, it IS the second Sunday. I was so excited to publish my first challenge that it is up and running already at 12:40 a.m. I wanted to share with you and invite you to join along in my challenge. Below are the details. For more information, log onto Ch[all}enge Masters or stop by our Facebook page at Chall Enge Masters.


April Ad/Art Challenge:


Hello Everyone. I will be your diva for Ad/Art challenges for the next 6 months. I am very happy to be here and hope I can encourage you to play along with me for a little while each month. I have been researching some interesting art and advertisements that seem to be a little different from the challenges of the past. I hope to bring you some information as well as some inspiration each month.

For our first month together, I am going to make this very carefree. I love looking at the doodle art that Google lists occasionally on their search page. I started to research how they get the art they use and found a whole list of all the Google doodle art from 1998 until present. There are creations that are very basic as well as doodles that are very elaborate. There are art pieces that are only shown in certain countries and others that are published worldwide.  To access these wonderful art pieces, simply type in www.google.com and you will find a search block. Underneath it is a key that says “I’m feeling lucky”. When you strike that key, you find the history of Google doodles as well as lists of previously published doodles. Here are a few examples:

March 20, 2011 - Holi Festival - (India)
Photobucket
September 22, 2010 - Moon Festival - (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan)
Photobucket
January 1, 2009 – Happy New Year (global)
Photobucket

My challenge is for you to look through the doodle art in the years 2009 to present and find one that inspires you in some way. Create a project based on that doodle and post it. Along with your entry, please tell us the Google doodle that inspired you with the doodle’s published date. I hope you enjoy looking through the art doodles and find something that inspires you. For anyone who participates this month, I will have a random drawing for a little gift from me. I’m looking forward to seeing what you can do with this challenge.


For my piece I used:

March 20, 2009 – First Day of Spring/Fall – designed by Eric Carle
Photobucket



For more information and the rules for this challenge log onto Cha{all}enge Masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment