Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Moving to a new phase?

How cool is this!! Recently my hubby and I started a weight loss program on Sparkpeople.com. So far things are going great. I lost 7 pounds the first week which is probably the most weight I have ever lost at one time in my LIFE!! I am really excited about the program. The website is easy to use. The suggested foods are made from ingredients that everyone has in their pantries already. We are cutting out refined sugars. We are participating in Meatless Mondays. We are slowly adding regular exercise into our lives.  I am just loving this program!

Another aspect of the program is the wonderful motivational tools they provide for you. There are recipes, articles, polls, trivia contests and health challenges to help you on your way to a better lifestyle. The people I have encountered are all very motivated and excited to be there. There are even virtual goodies that look great, even though they have no taste, LOL!! One of the tools is a personal Sparkpeople page with a blog that we can use for triumphs and tribulations. Today was my first time adding an entry to mine. Low and behold, I am so excited that I can link it to this site!!!

Moving to a new phase?

I have also added a new project to my list of fun things that I will be posting here. I LOVE to make greeting cards, but don't really send many out to folks for one reason or another. I was introduced to Operation Write Home which is an organization that pledges to "support our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." I am so excited to be helping out with this cause. I have many scraps of materials around the house that I have used to make scrapbook layouts and other cards that I probably won't use again for myself. This is a great way to utilize those supplies and help our armed forces overseas to keep in touch with their families at the same time. It also gives me a way to continue to do my favorite hobby without overloading my craft room with stacks and stacks of unused cards!!

For more information on this worthy cause, log onto their website at operationwritehome.org.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment